Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Is It Masochism?

These are my Bears playing at the new Gaylen Center at USC. It was a beautiful night. The new arena is amazing - true to USC form, cost was no object & no expense was spared. Our seats were great - thank you Ryan! The company was awesome. The only problem? My Bears never win!


Well - let me clarify - they're actually 5th in the Pac 10. And well above Stanford, which is all that really matters. But after sitting through 4 losing seasons of Cal football (for those of you who keep track - I was there during the Holmoe years. Enough said.). After dragging groups of friends to recent Cal games & that we inevitably always lose. And after having expectations that we'd have a decent basketball season... I begin to wonder.... is it me? Do I jinx them? Or is it just plain masochism at this point? I'm beginning to know how Cubs fans feel.


So - despite the loss, it was actually a great game. And with no shame (or perhaps no pride), there we all sat in the sea of red - sporting our faithful blue & gold. I walked out with my head high. And will continue to say - Go Bears!

6 comments:

Kenny said...

Go Bears! I was supposed to be at the Cal/UCLA game but sent my husband instead. It's a good thing though--I would have been SO bummed had I gone!

LindsiDee said...

Love the new scape! Totally fabulous! Love you!

Linds

Randall and Christy Hatch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Randall and Christy Hatch said...

You're so funny, Maren! Hey, I'm coming to California for a month. Let's go to lunch!

~Christy

Cory and Katie Ledesma said...

Maren! How are you? Its been forever! I just started a blog and ran into yours off of Tyler and Becca Mock's blog! Hope all is well!

Summer said...

Guess who I found your blog through???

LAUREN! Haha...hope you are well-and it was so nice to finally meet you! :)